Have a conversation with your coursework.
Read, listen, speak - interact
Audactive is an online learning platform that turns static content into self-playing resources with voice interactions and quizzes. Audactive enables teachers to create and publish resources, and it enables learners to learn anywhere and anytime. Dictation is fully supported for every interaction so you can do it hands free and distraction free. Watch Demo
Create endless quality content
The Audactive player plays written text, combined with videos, audio, figures and interactive questions. All in a single flow, to enable a rich learning experience.
Easy to create and share learning resources
Audactive is the place where teachers and lecturers can easily create and distribute their learning resources. Since the player is based on written content enhanced by media files as necessary, it is super easy to create Audactive lectures. You can basically create a whole lecture with a single click by importing your existing written lecture, whether it is a PDF file, or other supported format. As opposed to other popular online learning apps, there is no need to turn on the camera and produce a video of yourself.
Listen & Speak. Interact.
Using the most advanced text-to-speech and speech recognition technologies, Audactive allows you to listen to documents – lecture notes, worksheets – any text-based document really. Audactive can be used by students, teachers, educators, colleges, universities, schools. But not just listen to documents, you can pause the document and then dictate your own time-stamped comments. This is great if you want to review your course or lecture notes or your draft assignments maybe.
Audactive is also great for professionals who need to provide feedback on the work of others like draft letters, contracts, legal documents. Professionals can listen to a document, pause at any point and dictate their comments like - ‘you have forgotten to add this’, ‘this is not quite correct’. This means that you can work hands-free.
For teachers and lecturers, Audactive does a lot more
- Add open questions to a document so that Audactive ‘asks the question’ and then waits for students to dictate their answers.
- Add multiple-choice questions so that Audactive asks the question, then reads each of the possible options out, pauses and waits for the student to say their answer.
- Multiple-choice questions can be designed to either feedback on the correct answer or wait for it to be marked by the teacher or lecturer.
- When students have worked through a document, they can send it to the teacher for marking
- Completed Audactive worksheets can be sent via email or via the VLE/LMS
- Open existing web pages, to which new comments can be added, for example, teachers can direct students to open a specific web page, like a Wikipedia entry and add their own comments.
- Add captions to images, so that when Audactive reaches the image, it reads out caption. For example, explaining the meaning of a graph. When Audactive reaches an image, it maximises it for display.
- Students can export just their answers from an Audactive file to send to their teacher or lecturer
The benefits of Audactive are that you can work or study ‘hands free’ without the need to see the screen or use a keyboard – just listen to something and dictate your comments and answers. Audactive is especially helpful for students with extra learning needs like dyslexia where they might struggle to understand a piece of text. Students can ‘play’ the same piece of text as many times as they like, just by clicking in the place in the document they want to listen to again. Students can also change the speed at which Audactive reads documents.
Community forum, discussions & issues
Community discussions page, including questions and answers, ideas, announcements and more:
For issues, report or look for known issues and solutions:
Audactive has been partially funded by UfI Charitable Trust (ufi.co.uk) through its VocTech seed funding initiative and is a collaborative effort between WellSource and Pembrokeshire College.
Auto grades & easy grading dashboard
If you are a learner - get immediate feedback to help you learn. For teachers - get grades on your dashboard.
Text to speech & voice typing to improve comprehension, enable learning on the go and boost creativity. Play your lecture - listen to it, dictate answers and notes.
Create beautiful lectures - share and distribute
Use our authoring tools to create, share and distribute engaging lectures.
Easy integration with Moodle and any other LMS
Go ahead - learn something interesting
Effectively learn anything you want, anywhere & anytime. That's our vision.